SDSU Baseball-UCSB Friday Night Postgame Notes
Feb. 16, 2018
- San Diego State baseball has now won three of its last four opening season games.
- After 11 runs scored in last year’s opener, it is the first time since 2007-08 that SDSU has score eight or more runs in back-to-back season openers.
- The Aztecs have now won 50 consecutive games when leading after eight innings, 12 consecutive games when
- SDSU pitchers totaled 14 strikeouts, the teamís largest single-game total since striking out 14 at Fresno State on April 24, 2015.
- San Diego State has won five games in its last seven meetings with UC Santa Barbara.
- Eight of nine players in the San Diego State lineup recorded at least one hit.
- The Aztecs are 11-5 in season-opening series games since the start of the 2013 season.
- Freshmen pitchers (Daniel Ritcheson, Casey OíSullivan) combined for 3 IP, 3 K, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB in the final three innings of the game.
Logan Boyer: 3.2 IP, 8 K, 2 BB, 1 ER, 2 H
- Set new career-highs with eight strikeouts and 3.2 innings pitched.
- Struck out four of the first five batters he faced.
- Owns a career .105 (4-for-38) opponent batting average at home.
Jacob Erickson: 2.1 IP, 3 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 1 H
- Over the past two seasons, owns an ERA against Big West teams of 0.81 with 21 strikeouts in 22 innings.
- Has kept opponents scoreless in 23 of his last 32 outings.
Chase Calabuig: 2-for-4, R, 2B, K
- Has reached base in 20 consecutive home games.
- Extends hitting streak to a team-best eight games and his team-best on-base streak to 15, having recorded a hit in each of the final seven games last season.
Chad Bible: 2-for-4, RBI, 2 K
- Singled on the first pitch he saw after missing the majority of last season undergoing treatment for stage 2 Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Drove in Jordan Verdon on his second hit of the day after Verdon
- Owns a career .346 (9-for-26) batting average at SDSU.
Jordan Verdon: 2-for-5, 3B, R, 2 RBI
- Hit the seventh triple of his career in the 5th inning, the most career three-baggers among any active Aztec.
- Has reached base in 54 of his last 63 games played.
- Recorded his third career game with multiple extra-base hits.