Emmanuel Wilson scored his first collegiate point.
Jan. 14, 2017
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery |
SAN DIEGO -
SDSU-Utah State Postgame Notes
Final Score: San Diego State 74, Utah State 55
Next Game: Tuesday, Jan. 17, at UNLV, 7 p.m. PT, ESPN3
• SDSU set a season high in field-goal percentage (57.1)
• San Diego State handed Utah State its largest margin of defeat in a Mountain West game since also losing by 19 at Wyoming on Feb. 6, 2016.
• The Aztecs held Utah State to 38.0 percent shooting, its second-lowest percentage of the season (37.3 vs. Indiana State).
• SDSU made 12 consecutive field-goal attempts during the first half (Hemsley 3, Shrigley 3, Kell 2, Allen, Cheatham, Hoetzel, Pope), which gave it a 31-15 lead.
• San Diego State shot a season-high 63.0 percent from the field in the first half. The Aztecs’ previous best shooting half of the season was 62.5 percent in the first half against Alabama State (Dec. 12, 2016).
• SDSU won its eighth straight game vs. Utah State, all of which have come during the Aggies’ Mountain West era, and improved to 8-3 all-time vs. the school.
• San Diego State’s bench outscored USU’s bench, 25-8. The Aztecs improved to 6-1 this year when their bench outscores the opposing bench.
• SDSU also won the points off turnover battle, 24-8.
• San Diego State improves to 54-4 in its last 58 games in which it has led at the half. The Aztecs are 68-3 the last 71 times they have a halftime lead at home.
• SDSU won its 56th straight game when shooting at least 50 percent from the field. San Diego State also has won 64 consecutive games at home when shooting 50 percent or better.
• The Aztecs improved to 120-11 in the last 131 games when holding their opponent under 60 points. Additionally, SDSU is 103-4 over its last 107 games when holding its opponent under 60 points.
Jeremy Hemsley – 14 points, 1 rebound, 3 assists, 1 steal
Recorded his 13th double-digit scoring game of the season and 39th of his career after scoring eight points… Led the team in scoring (tied) for the 10th time this season and 24th time of his career… Posted his 10th multiple three-point game of the season and his first since knocking down six at Nevada… He has made 14-of-34 from three-point distance at home this season.
Matt Shrigley – 14 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal
Posted his third double-figure scoring game of the year and the 18th of his career… Led the team in scoring (tied) for the first time this season and second time of his career… Made his first two-point field goal since the game vs. Alabama State back on Dec. 12… He has three two-point field goals this season … Made all three of his attempts from three-point range in the first half.
Trey Kell – 12 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists
Notched his 12th double-figure scoring game of the season and the 46th of his career… Had five assists and now has four or more assists in three straight games (13 total) and four or more in four of the five Mountain West games this year (19 total).
Malik Pope – 9 points, 5 rebounds, 1 blocked shot, 1 assist
Ended a six-game absence by playing 12 first-half minutes and 23 overall… He made all three of his attempts from the field for six points and added four rebounds and one assist in the first half.
Zylan Cheatham – 8 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals
Led the team in rebounds for the eighth time this season and 19th time of his career.
Emmanuel Wilson – 1 point
Had his first collegiate point on a free-throw attempt late in the second half.
Valentine Izundu – 0 points, 1 rebound, 3 blocked shot
Tied a season high with three blocked shots.