Jan. 24, 2017
Final Stats |
USAFA, Colo. -
San Diego State-Air Force Postgame Notes
Final Score: Air Force 60, San Diego State 57
Next Game: Saturday, Jan. 28, vs. Colorado State, 3 p.m. PT, CBS Sports Network
• San Diego State had its three-game winning streak stopped.
• The Aztecs also had their six-game winning streak vs. Air Force halted.
• SDSU had won two straight games at Clune Arena since the start of 2013-14 before tonight’s decision.
• The Aztecs held their fourth straight opponent to 61 points or less (56.8 ppg).
• San Diego State also held their fourth straight foe to less than 40 percent shooting (.375 FG).
Max Hoetzel – 11 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists
Reached double figures for the eighth time this season and the ninth time in his career… Made multiple three-point field goals for a seventh straight time (career high)… Made three three-pointers for the second straight game… Is 24-for-46 (.522) from three-point range in conference games… Led the team with eight rebounds, marking the sixth time he has done it this season… His eight rebounds were one shy of matching his career high… Tied his career high with two assists.
Trey Kell – 14 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 blocked shot, 2 steals
Reached double figures for the fourth consecutive game, 14th time this season and the 48th time in his career… Led the team in scoring for the sixth time this year and for the 22nd time in his career... Has at least one assist in a career-long 12 straight games… Had multiple steals for the seventh time this season.
Malik Pope – 7 points, 4 rebounds, 1 blocked shot, 1 steal, 14 minutes
Connected on his first three-point field goal since the contest against Southern Mississippi game on Dec. 22, 2016… Left the game with 14:22 remaining in the second half with a neck strain and did not return… Posted four rebounds, marking the fifth consecutive game in which he has played that he has posted at least four rebounds (25 total, 5.0 rpg)… Blocked at least one shot for the fourth straight game (6 blocked shots).