Trey Kell had 17 points in the Aztecs' win.
Jan. 24, 2018
Final Stats |
SAN DIEGO -
Gameday Central |
SDSU-CSU Postgame Notes
Final Score: San Diego State 97, Colorado State 78
Records: San Diego State (12-7; 4-4 MW), Colorado State (10-12; 3-6 MW)
Next Game: Saturday, Jan. 27, at UNLV, 7 p.m. PT | CBS Sports Network | 101.5 KGB, XTRA Sports 1360, Fox Sports IE 1350
Look-Ahead Note: SDSU has defeated UNLV 11 straight times, which tied for the second-longest active streak in school history.
• San Diego State improves to 12-7 and 4-4 in the Mountain West to snap a three-game losing streak.
• The Aztecs win their fourth conference game in eight tries, which is one game ahead of last year when they won MW game No. 4 in their ninth outing.
• SDSU has won 62 straight and is 4-0 this season when shooting 50 percent or better from the field.
• San Diego State’s 97 points were a season high, second most in a Mountain West game (98 at TCU on March 3, 2012) and the sixth most in a game in Viejas Arena history.
• SDSU’s 13 three-pointers are tied for its second most in a Mountain West game, only trailing 17 vs. Wyoming on Jan. 29, 2011.
• San Diego State’s 25 assists are tied for its most ever in a Mountain West game (also Jan. 9, 2018 vs. San Jose State).
• SDSU’s shot a season-high 55.6 percent against Division I opponents.
• San Diego State tied a season high with 13 three-pointers. The Aztecs only had two double-digit three-pointer games this season entering tonight.
• The Aztecs had a season-high seven double-figure scorers.
• San Diego State sweeps the season series for the second time in three seasons.
• SDSU takes a 42-41 all-time series lead vs. Colorado State.
• The Aztecs are 26-13 vs. the Rams in San Diego and are 14-1 at home in their last 15 vs. CSU (16-3 at Viejas Arena).
• SDSU’s 19-point win was its largest margin of victory vs. the Rams since also winning by 19 at Fort Collins on Jan. 31, 2009.
• San Diego State’s 19-point win matches its largest margin of victory in the series since winning by 24 in San Diego on March 1, 2008.
Max Montana – 20 points, 4 rebounds
Registered his second-career 20-point game and first since the game vs. Boise State (career-high 21) in the 2017 Mountain West tournament… Reached the double-figure scoring plateau for the fourth time this season (3-0 this season entering tonight)… Was 3-for-4 from the three-point line in the first half… Hit multiple three-pointers for the fifth time this year and for the 19th time of his career… Tied his career high with five three-pointers… Led the team in scoring for the second time this season and third time of his career… Played a season-high 22 minutes.
Trey Kell – 17 points, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals
Scored in double figures for the 10th time this season and for the 68th time of his career… Has scored in double figures in two of his last three outings… The 17 points were his second most of the season (19 vs. Washington State on Nov. 26)… Has 27 assists over his last six games (4.5 avg.).
Matt Mitchell – 15 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal
Scored in double figures for the third time in the last four games and for the 11th time this season… Made multiple three-pointers in a game for the first time since the game at Wyoming (Dec. 27) and for the seventh time this year.
Jalen McDaniels – 11 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals
The freshman posted his 10th double-figure scoring game and his career-long seventh straight… Set a career high in assists with three… In his last 12 games, he is averaging 12.1 points, 7.8 rebounds and has made 54 of his 78 field goal attempts (69.2 percent)… He has shot 50 percent or better from the field in 13 consecutive games.
Devin Watson – 11 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists
Scored at least 10 points for the 15th time this season (57th career)… Reached double figures in scoring for the ninth straight game, extending a season high… Has at least three assists in six straight games and at least five in five of them… Has 35 assists in his last six games (5.8 avg.).
Jeremy Hemsley – 11 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal
Reached double figures in scoring for the first time since the game at Colorado State on Jan. 2… Posted his seventh double-digit scoring game of the season and the 54th of his career.
Malik Pope – 10 points, 1 assist, 1 steal
Reached the double-digit scoring plateau for the 13h time this season (42nd career)… Has five consecutive double-figure scoring games, which is his season long (14.2 points and 63.0 percent from the field during that stretch).