March 3, 2018
Final Stats |
SAN DIEGO -
Nevada-San Diego State Postgame Notes
Final Score: San Diego State 79, [21/21] Nevada 74
Records: San Diego State (19-10; 11-7 MW), [21/21] Boise State (26-6; 15-3 MW)
Next Game: Thursday, March 8, vs. (4) Fresno State – MW Quarters, 2:30 p.m. PT | CBS Sports Network | 101.5 KGB, XTRA Sports 1360, Fox Sports IE 1350
**Look-Ahead Note: SDSU will be looking to avenge two losses to the Bulldogs this season.
• San Diego State wins its sixth straight game to move to 19-10 on the season and finishes 11-7 in the Mountain West.
• SDSU secures the No. 5 seed in the Mountain West Championship, which is set for Las Vegas next week.
• In the league standings, San Diego State finished in a fourth-place tie with Fresno State.
• The six-game winning streak is the SDSU’s longest of 2017-18. The average margin of victory during the streak is 14.0 ppg.
• San Diego State’s six-game win streak the longest active streak in the Mountain West. SDSU snapped Nevada’s six-game winning streak, which was the longest active streak in the conference entering tonight.
• San Diego State wins its sixth straight conference game. It is the longest league win streak for the Aztecs since winning 13 straight during the 2015 and 2016 Mountain West seasons.
• The 11 Mountain West wins are more than the Aztecs’ total from last year (9) and is the most since SDSU won 16 in 2015-16.
• SDSU wins its 13th straight Senior Day game, extending the fifth-longest streak in the nation.
• The Aztecs post their 13th straight season with at least 19 wins.
• Tonight’s game was a sellout (12,414), the third one this season.
AP Top 25 Notes
• San Diego State improves to 9-8 in its last 17 games vs. teams in the AP Top 25.
• The Aztecs are 11-5 in their last 16 home games vs. AP Top 25 teams.
• The Aztecs have won their last eight home games vs. AP Top 25 teams ranked outside the top seven nationally.
• SDSU has won their last four home games against AP Top 25 Mountain West schools regardless of rank.
• Brian Dutcher is 2-1 vs. AP Top 25 teams and 2-0 at home.
• San Diego State improves to 14-5 all-time vs. Nevada.
• SDSU is now 7-1 at home vs. the Wolf Pack and 5-0 in the Mountain West era.
• SDSU overcame a 10-point deficit, the third-largest overcome this season in a Mountain West game (11 at UNLV, at Boise State).
• The 10-point rally was the largest deficit overcome in a victory in a Mountain West game this season, surpassing the nine-point comeback vs. Boise State.
• San Diego State won its eighth straight game when leading with 5:00 to go.
• The Aztecs outscored Nevada’s bench, 19-0. It is the second time SDSU has held an opponent’s bench to zero points (at Boise State).
• SDSU had nine turnovers, marking the third straight game it has had a single-digit turnover count. The Aztecs have committed 10 or fewer turnovers in five straight games.
Trey Kell – 17 points, 5 rebounds, 9 assists, 1 blocked shot, 1 steal
Scored in double figures for the first time since returning from injury (six games)… Recorded his 11th double-figure scoring game of the season (69th career)… Tied his career high with nine assists… Since returning from injury he has had at least six assists five times… Committed just one turnover and has had one turnover or less in five of his six games back from injury… In his six games since returning from injury, he has 42 assists and six turnovers in 178 minutes… He is the first player with at least 17 points and nine assists in a game since Tony Bland vs. CSUN on Nov. 21, 2001; He is the first player to do it for the Aztecs in an MW game.
Kameron Rooks – 12 points, 6 rebounds, 3 blocked shots
Reached the double-figure scoring plateau for the first time this season and for the fifth time of his career… He was the first Aztec in double figures tonight… Started for the 12th time this season… Tied his season high with three blocked shots… Made all six field-goal attempts… The six baskets were a career high, surpassing his previous personal best of four and his season high of two... Became the second Aztec in the last 22 years to make at least six field goals without a miss, grab six rebounds and block three shots in a game; The other was Billy White vs. Wyoming on Feb. 14, 2009… The Aztecs improved to 11 this season when he plays at least 12 minutes; He played 18 minutes.
Malik Pope – 16 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal
Set a season high for assists with four, besting his previous high of two… Reached double figures in scoring for the 20th time this season (49th career) and for the fifth straight game he has seen action in… Grabbed at least five rebounds in nine straight games.
Jalen McDaniels – 7 points, 9 rebounds
Grabbed a game-high nine rebounds with seven points in just 17 minutes… Led the team in rebounding for the 15th time… Has grabbed at least nine rebounds in three straight games (29 rebounds; 9.7 rpg).