Chase Tapley had 25 points in SDSU's loss.
March 10, 2012
Final Stats |
AP Photo Gallery
SDSU-UNM Postgame Notes in PDF Format
Score: New Mexico 68, [18/21] San Diego State 59
Records:[18/21] San Diego State 26-7; New Mexico 27-6
MW Tournament Notes
* Despite the loss, the Aztecs advanced to its fourth straight MW Championship final, which is a league record.
* San Diego State is 2-2 in its last four appearances in the finals of the MW Championship.
Sin City Notes
* SDSU has won 11 of its last 13 and 13 of its last 17 games in the City of Las Vegas.
* SDSU is 9-2 in its last 11 games inside Thomas & Mack Center.
Month of March Notes
* Even with the loss, San Diego State has won 14 of its last 15 games against Mountain West Conference competition in the month of March.
* San Diego State is now 23-5 in its last 28 games played during the month of March. That figure includes NCAA, postseason NIT and Mountain West tournament games.
* Despite the loss, SDSU has won four of the last six (4-2) between the teams and 11 of the last 16 games (11-5).
Chase Tapley (25 points, 5-9 3PFG, 5 rebounds)
Notched his second 20-point game of the MW Championship and his ninth of the season (10th career)... Knocked down at least four three-pointers for the second time in the MW Championship... Reached double figures in scoring for the 29th time this year and 56th time of his career... Connected on multiple three-pointers for the 21st time and 44th time of his career... Made at least four three-pointers five times this season... Tied his career high with 10 field goals.
Jamaal Franklin (16 points, 10 rebounds)
Posted his 12th double-double of the season... Scored in double figures for the 28th time this season and for the 29th time in his career... He has scored in double figures in a career-long 20 consecutive games.
Garrett Green (8 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks)
Played his most minutes (25) since the San Diego Christian game (26) on Jan. 5... Had nine rebounds, his most since grabbing 10 at Air Force (Feb. 18)... It was the sixth time he had at least nine rebounds in a game this season.