Nov. 3, 2016
Final Stats |
SAN DIEGO -
UCSD-San Diego State Postgame Notes <
Final Score: (rv/rv) San Diego State 76, UC San Diego 63
Next Game: Monday, Nov. 7, vs. Cal State San Marcos, 7 p.m. PT
* San Diego State won its 23rd consecutive exhibition game.
* Tonight's game was sold out (12,414). It marks the fifth-straight time and fifth time in school history an exhibition game has sold out.
* SDSU started seniors Dakarai Allen and Matt Shrigley, junior Trey Kell, and sophomores Zylan Cheatham and Jeremy Hemsley.
* Had four players score in double figures (Montaque Gill-Caesar, Zylan Cheatham, Trey Kell, Jeremy Hemsley).
* Shot 45.3 percent from the field after shooting 42.1 percent a season ago.
* Made 36.8 percent of their three-point attempts after shooting 32.3 percent from the same range last year.
* Forced 22 UC San Diego turnovers, while committing only 12 themselves.
* Enjoyed a 28-7 advantaged in points off turnovers.
* Only allowed UC San Diego to shoot six free throws.
Trey Kell – 12 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals
Reached double figures in scoring, something he did 27 times last season… Grabbed seven rebounds, which would have tied his second-highest total as a sophomore… Dished five assists, which would have matched his career best… He was +23 for the night… Led the team in rebounding and steals… His steals total would have tied a career high.
Montaque Gill-Caesar – 18 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal
Reached double figures in scoring in his first action in an Aztec uniform… His point total would have tied his third-highest point total while he was at Missouri in 2014-15.
Zylan Cheatham – 15 points, 6 rebounds
Reached the double-digit scoring plateau… Finished second on the team in scoring… His 15 points is two shy of his regular-season career high of 17.
Jeremy Hemsley – 11 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals
Reached double figures in scoring in his first action of the season… Finished second to Trey Kell with four assists… Had multiple steals, something he did six times last season.