Nov. 14, 2017
Final Stats |
TEMPE, Ariz. -
San Diego State-Arizona State Postgame Notes
Final Score: Arizona State 90, San Diego State 68
Next Game: Friday, Nov. 17, vs. McNeese State, 7:30 p.m. PT | FOX Sports San Diego/Prime Ticket
• San Diego State falls to 1-1 with the loss tonight.
• The Aztecs fall to 16-8 in their last 24 games vs. current members of the Pac-12 and 17-9 since the start of the 2009-10 season.
• SDSU falls to 12-9 vs. teams in the Pac-12 at game time since 2009-10.
• Prior to tonight, SDSU had won 63 of its last 71 games when leading at the half.
• San Diego State made nine consecutive field goal attempts at one point during the first half.
• San Diego State had six dunks tonight (Pope 3, Kell 2, Narain). The Aztecs had 62 dunks all of last season (33 games).
Trey Kell – 16 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 blocked shot
Recorded his second career double-double with season highs of 16 points and 10 rebounds… Nearly had a double-double in the first half with 14 points and seven rebounds… Reached double figures in scoring for the first time this season with his 16 points… It was his 59th career double-figure scoring game… Had a season-high four assists and his first blocked shot of the season… Led the team in scoring for the 29th time of his career and in rebounding for the ninth time of his career.
Max Montana – 15 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
Reached double figures in scoring in the first half alone after making all four of his three-point attempts… After 20 minutes of action, he had 12 points… With his season-high 15 points for the game, he reached double figures in scoring for the first time this season (12th career)… He made a season-high four treys (4-for-6), which was one shy of his career high.
Malik Pope – 14 points, 8 rebounds, 1 blocked shot, 3 steals
Reached double figures in scoring for the second time this season and for the 31st time of his career… Grabbed a season-high eight rebounds tied his season high with one blocked shot… Had a game-high three steals, which was one off his career high.
Devin Watson – 8 points, 4 rebounds, 9 assists
Had a career-high nine assists… Set a season high with four rebounds and matched his season best with eight points… It marked the first time an Aztec has had at least nine assists since Jeremy Hemsley did it last season vs. Savannah State (Nov. 28, 2016)… It marked the first time an Aztec player has done it against a Pac-12 opponent (or any major non-conference opposition) since Wesley Stokes dished out nine assists against Washington (Dec. 27, 2003)… SDSU has had at least one player record a minimum of nine assists in three straight seasons (Hemsley in 2016-17, Winston Shepard in 2015-16).