Nov. 17, 2017
Final Stats |
SAN DIEGO -
San Diego State-McNeese Postgame Notes
Final Score: San Diego State 83, McNeese 52
Next Game: Monday, Nov. 20, vs. Eastern Illinois, 7:30 p.m. PT | FOX Sports San Diego/Prime Ticket
• San Diego State improves to 2-1 on the season and 3-0 all-time vs. McNeese.
• The Aztecs improve to 4-0 when wearing turquoise Nike N7 uniforms.
• SDSU used a starting lineup it has used before for the first time this season, going with Malik Pope, Matt Mitchell, Kameron Rooks, Trey Kell and Devin Watson. The unit is 2-0 this season.
• San Diego State has won six straight November home games and 12 of its last 13 in the 11th month of the calendar year.
• SDSU scored the first nine points of the game and then led, 13-11, before going on a 7-0 run. The second unanswered run helped spark a 36-8 run to end the half. San Diego State led, 46-19, at halftime.
• SDSU held McNeese to a season-low 52 points, beating the previous mark of 53 at Houston.
• SDSU held McNeese to a season-low 15 percent 3FG, beating the previous mark of 22.2 percent at Houston.
• McNeese had a season low 12 FT attempts, beating the previous low of 17 vs. Ecclesia.
Devin Watson – 20 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal
Logged his 20th career 20-point performance… The 20 points were the most by an Aztec this season… Posted his first double-figure scoring game as an Aztec after putting up back-to-back 8-point efforts in the first two games of the season… It marked his 43rd career double-digit scoring effort… Led the team in assists for the second time this season and second straight game… Has 17 assists and just three turnovers in his last two games… Made a season-high eight field goals on just 14 attempts… His eight baskets were more than his first two games combined (6-for-19)… Led the team in scoring for the first time this season.
Malik Pope – 16 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist
Reached double figures in scoring for the third time this season and for the 32nd time of his career… Reached double figures in scoring in the first half alone… Dating to last season, he has scored in double figures in a career-high six straight games… Grabbed a season-high nine rebounds… Set a season high in rebounding in each of his last three games… Has shot at least 50 percent from the floor in every game this season after making six of his nine attempts tonight.
Trey Kell – 13 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist
Recorded his second straight double-figure scoring effort (2nd of the season) and the 60th of his career in the first half alone.
Jordan Schakel – 8 points, 4 rebounds
Scored a career-high eight points… Set a career high with his two three-point field goals… Also had a career-high four rebounds and three field goals.