Nov. 24, 2017
Final Stats |
FULLERTON, Calif. -
San Diego State-Georgia Postgame Notes
Final Score: San Diego State 75, Georgia 68
Next Game: Sunday, Nov. 26, vs. Washington State (Wooden Legacy championship game), 9 p.m. PT | ESPN2
• San Diego State closed out a 61-all game with 5:00 to play to defeat Georgia, 75-68, to improve to 5-1.
• The Aztecs are 5-1 for the first time since 2014-15.
• SDSU picked up its first win over a current SEC school since Dec. 21, 1985, when it beat Florida in Las Vegas.
• The win is the Aztecs third vs. a current SEC school. They also defeated Missouri in San Diego on Dec. 21, 1978.
• San Diego State improved to 5-0 all-time at the Wooden Legacy and will make its second straight appearance in the title game (2013).
• The Aztecs will make their sixth straight title-game appearance in an eight-team in-season tournament since 2008-09.
• SDSU picked up its first win of the season when trailing at halftime. The Aztecs faced a 34-33 deficit at intermission.
• The Aztecs overcame a 12-point deficit to win. It was the largest deficit overcome by the Aztecs this season.
• San Diego State committed a season-low five turnovers, a game after it had 20.
Devin Watson – 16 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists
Posted his fourth double-figure scoring game of the season and fourth in a row… It marked his 46th career double-digit scoring effort… Led the team in assists for the third time.
Trey Kell – 13 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal
Recorded his fifth straight double-figure scoring effort (5th of the season) and the 63rd of his career… Led the team with nine rebounds, which was one shy of his season high… Led the team in rebounding for a second time this season… Had a game-high five assists, marking the second time he has led in the category, and zero turnovers… Has 14 assists in his last three games.
Matt Mitchell – 13 points, 2 rebounds
Recorded his third straight double-figure scoring game and the third of his career… Made his only three-pointer with 2:44 left in the game to put SDSU up by four points… He is 10-for-22 from three-point distance in his last three games after starting his career by going 0-for-10 from deep.
Jalen McDaniels – 11 points, 8 rebounds, 1 steal
Scored a career-high 11 points… Grabbed eight rebounds after snatching 13 vs. Sacramento State… Made a career-high seven free throws (7-8) after going 4-for-4 on Thursday… Started his season by missing his first four attempts from the line, covering five games.