Nov. 30, 2017
Final Stats |
SAN DIEGO -
San Diego State-San Diego Postgame Notes
Final Score: San Diego State 66, San Diego 57
Next Game: Sunday, Dec. 3, vs. Bradley, 3 p.m. PT | Mountain West Network on STADIUM / Facebook Live
• San Diego State improves to 6-2 on the season and hands USD its first loss of the season (5-1) and its first loss at home (3-1).
• The Aztecs win their second straight game vs. USD and have now won 11 of their last 12 vs. the Toreros.
• San Diego State has defeated USD five straight times at Jenny Craig Pavilion.
• SDSU improves to 31-18 overall vs. San Diego, 10-8 on the road and 11-0 in its last 11 vs. the Toreros in games played indoors.
• Brian Dutcher becomes the first San Diego State head coach other than Steve Fisher to defeat USD since Fred Trenkle led the Aztecs over the Toreros on Dec. 8, 1996 (87-70 at the Sports Arena in a home game for SDSU).
• Set a season high with seven blocked shots.
• Limited USD to its fewest points of the season (57).
• Allowed the Toreros to shoot just seven free throws, their fewest of the season. Their previous low was 14 at Grand Canyon.
Devin Watson – 26 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 5 steals
Notched his third 20-point effort of the season (22nd career)… Established a season high in scoring with 26 points… Opened the game by making his first six shots for 14 first-half points… Posted his third straight double-digit scoring effort vs. USD… Surpassed his previous career high in scoring vs. USD, which was 16 during the 2015-16 campaign at San Francisco… Recorded his sixth double-figure scoring game of the season, all of which have come in his last six games… It marked his 48th career double-digit scoring effort… Led the team in scoring for the fifth time this season… Fell one short of tying his career high with his game-high five steals… Played all 40 minutes.
Matt Mitchell – 13 points, 4 rebounds
Recorded his fifth straight double-figure scoring game… Was a perfect 4-for-4 from the field, marking the best shooting night of his career… Was 1-for-1 from three-point distance and he is now 13-for-29 in his last five games after starting his career by going 0-for-10 from deep.
Jeremy Hemsley – 11 points, 3 rebounds
Set a season high with 11 points… Recorded his third double-figure scoring game of the season and the 50th of his career… Made his second start of the year… Played a season-high 32 minutes.
Malik Pope – 6 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 4 blocked shots, 2 steals
Set a career high with four blocked shots… Tied his season high with two assists… Had two steals, which matched his total in his last five games combined… Led all players with a game-high nine rebounds… Led the team in rebounding for the third time this season.
Kameron Rooks – 6 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocked shots
Blocked two shots, marking his second multi-block game of the season and the 18th of his career… Tied his career high with two assists… Matched his second-highest total of the season with seven rebounds.