Dec. 3, 2016
San Diego State-Loyola Postgame Notes
Final Score: Loyola 65, [rv/--] San Diego State 59
Next Game: Wednesday, Dec. 7, at Grand Canyon, 7 p.m. MT, CW6 - Phoenix
• San Diego State falls to 4-2 all-time in the Missouri Valley Challenge, snapping a two-game winning streak in the event.
• The Aztecs fall to 7-1 under Steve Fisher’s direction vs. current Missouri Valley teams.
• Steve Fisher falls to 9-1 all-time vs. current members of the Missouri Valley.
• SDSU outrebounded Loyola, 37-28, and had a 13-4 advantage in offensive rebounds.
• The Aztecs only attempted three free throws for the entire game, marking the third time since 1996-97 that SDSU has attempted three free throws or less in a game.
Trey Kell – 16 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal
Reached double figures in scoring for the fifth time this season and 39th time in his career… He had six rebounds and is averaging 6.5 rebounds in his last two games… Matched his career high with four 3-pointers.
Malik Pope – 7 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocked shots
Had a game- and season-high seven rebounds… Led the team in rebounding for the first time this season… Led the team with a season-high three assists… Had two of SDSU’s three blocked shots.
Jeremy Hemsley – 8 points, 4 rebounds
Did not commit a turnover for the second straight game… Only has two miscues in his last four games, covering 119 minutes.