Dec. 3, 2017
Final Stats |
SAN DIEGO -
San Diego State-Bradley Postgame Notes
Final Score: San Diego State 75, Bradley 52
Next Game: Saturday, Dec. 9, vs. California, 2 p.m. PT | CBS Sports Network
• San Diego State moves to 7-2 on the season, matching its best 9-game start to a season since 2014-15.
• The Aztecs improve to 5-2 all-time in Mountain West-Missouri Valley Challenge games.
• SDSU picked up its first win over Bradley in five tries in what was the first meeting since Dec. 20, 1967.
• San Diego State improved to 108-4 in its last 112 home games when holding its foe to 60 points or less.
• The Aztecs made a season-high 23 free throws (23-for-29).
• SDSU pulled down 15 offensive rebounds, marking the eighth time in nine games this season they have had a double-digit total in the category.
• Nine of 10 scholarships players scored at least two points. The one that did not was Max Montana, who played for the first time since the second game of the season. Montana played four first-half minutes.
Jalen McDaniels – 14 points, 12 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal
Led the team in scoring for the first time of his career and in rebounding for the second time… Notched his first career double-double and the third for SDSU this season… Set a career high in scoring and was one rebound shy of matching his career best in rebounding… Tied his career high with two assists… Reached double figures in scoring for the second time this season… Posted his second career 10-plus-rebounding effort.
Jeremy Hemsley – 13 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal
Scored a season-high 13 points and has set a season high in the category in two straight games… Tied his season high with five rebounds… Had his fourth game this season with at least four assists… His five assists led the team, marking the third time he has done it this season and the 28th time of his career… Recorded his fourth double-figure scoring game of the season and the 51st of his career… Went 8-for-8 from the free-throw line… His eight free throws were a season high… Made his third start of the year.
Malik Pope – 13 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
Scored 13 points in 18 minutes… 11 of his points came in 13 second-half minutes… Posted his first double-figure scoring effort in his last five games… Reached the double-figure scoring plateau for the fifth time this season (34th career)… Tied his career high with seven free throws and eight free throws attempted.
Devin Watson – 9 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal
Surpassed 1,000 points for his career with his nine-point effort… He now has 1,001 points in his career… Had two assists, marking the eighth time this season he has had multiple assists in a game.