No. 24/25 SDSU Continues Homestand Thurs. vs. SD Christian
Jan. 4, 2012
SAN DIEGO -
Jan. 5 | Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl | San Diego, Calif. | 7 p.m. PT
TV: None | Radio: KOGO 95.7 FM, AM 600
No. 24/25 SDSU Continues Homestand Thursday vs. San Diego Christian
* The Aztecs, who at 12-2 have matched their second-best start (1984-85) to a Division I season, moved up one spot in the Associated Press Top-25 Poll to No. 24. SDSU also learned on Monday that it was ranked No. 25 in the USA Today/ESPN Coaches' Top 25. San Diego State's inclusion in the Coaches' poll marks the first time it has appeared in the poll in 2011-12.
* San Diego State enters the game having won its only game of the week last week. The Aztecs dismissed Redlands, 94-43, behind Jamaal Franklin's game-high 26 points, 10 rebounds, five assists, three blocked shots and six steals in just 28 minutes. Franklin was one of six Aztecs to score in double figures as they went on to record the largest margin of victory, and fourth largest in school history, in the Steve Fisher era.
A San Diego State Win Would...
* Give the Aztecs a 13-2 record, which would be the second-best start to a season in the school's Division I history. The 2010-11 squad started its campaign with a 15-0 record.
* Extend the Aztecs' December winning streak to 18 games.
* Extend the Aztecs' December home winning streak to 26 games.
* Give San Diego State an overall record of 47-5 since the start of the 2010-11 season.