- Started all 12 contests as a senior, recording 92 tackles, including 11 behind the line of scrimmage, and an MWC record-tying six forced fumbles. Helped UNM rank 36th nationally in rushing defense in 2008.
- Finished his Lobo career with 200 total stops, 19 tackles for loss and four sacks in 47 outings.
- New Mexico won 25 games during his four-year stint and made consecutive bowl game appearances in 2006 and 2007.
- Excelled in the classroom, where he was a first-team Academic All-American in 2008. Also was a four-time academic all-conference honoree and scholar-athlete.
- Originally signed to play for the UNM baseball team coming out of high school, but was given a football scholarship the summer before the start of his true freshman season.
- Attended La Cueva High School in Albuquerque, competing in both football and baseball. Was a two-time all-state pick at linebacker and three-time selection at catcher.
Year at San Diego State:
High School: La Cueva