Oct. 21, 2017
Final Stats |
SAN DIEGO -
San Diego State-Fresno State Postgame Notes
• SDSU had its 12-game winning streak against Pacific Time Zone teams snapped (was the third-longest active streak in FBS).
• San Diego State had its 12-game winning streak against Mountain West, West Division teams snapped. The Aztecs are now 20-4 in their last 24 contests against the West Division.
• The Aztecs dropped to 8-2 in their last 10 games, 14-4 in their last 18 games and 27-5 in their last 32 contests.
• San Diego State fell to 22-5 in its last 27 home games.
• SDSU has dropped consecutive home games for the first time since the first two of the 2013 season.
• The Aztecs has their three-game winning streak in Homecoming games snapped.
• SDSU dropped to 12-3 in its last 15 games played in the month of October.
• SDSU has now gone 34 straight games with one interception or fewer (dates back to Sept. 12, 2015 at California).
• San Diego State’s six turnovers this year have led to seven points for the opponents. The opponent’s 12 turnovers have led to 34 points for SDSU.
• SDSU started with the ball for the 69th time over the last 79 games.
• San Diego State won the coin toss for the 27th time over the last 48 games.
• The Aztecs have now gone 139 games without suffering a shutout (Nov. 18, 2006 at TCU), which is the third-longest streak among current Mountain West schools (Air Force at 306 and Boise State at 258).
• SDSU held an opponent scoreless on its opening drive for the 26th time over the last 33 games and 27th time since 2015 (36 games).
* Rashaad Penny, Sr., RB/KR (15 att., 69 yds. | 1 rec., 9 yds. | 4 KR, 57 yds.)
• Rushed 15 times for 69 yards and had four kick returns for 57 yards.
• Led the team with 69 rushing yards.
• Is still ranked ninth all-time at SDSU with 2,523 rushing yards.
* Christian Chapman, Jr., QB (10-for-20, 77 yds., 0 INT)
• Was 10 for 20 passing for 77 yards and did not throw an interception.
• Dropped to 19-5 as the starting quarterback over his career.
• Recorded his seventh straight game without interception and now has thrown 157 passes without throwing an interception (seven touchdowns over that span).
* Ronley Lakalaka, Jr., LB (10 tackles)
• Matched his season high with 10 tackles, a feat he also accomplished at Air Force.
• Recorded his third career double-digit tackle game and second this season.
* Sergio Phillips, Sr., DT (6 tackles)
• Finished with six tackles, one shy of his season high.
• His six tackles were more than his last two games combined when he had four total.
• QB Christian Chapman started for the 24th consecutive game, the longest streak on the team (offense/defense).
• RB/KR Rashaad Penny played in his 49th straight game, the longest streak on the team.
• LB Ryan Dunn made his first start of the season and 21st of his career. The Aztecs had started the same 11 on defense each of the first seven games of the year (Dunn replaced LB Troy Cassidy).
• Tonight’s game temperature was 68 degrees.
• Tonight’s attendance was 43,243.
• Tonight’s Aztec Honor Warrior was Jimmy Raye (1988-90).