San Diego State postgame notes.
Nov. 19, 2011
SDSU Gallery |
SDSU Gallery |
Long News Conference
Student-Athletes (Escobar, Lindley & Burris) News Conference
SAN DIEGO -
SDSU-Boise State Postgame Notes
Final Score: No. 10/11 Boise State 52, San Diego State 35
Next Game: Saturday Nov. 26 | 7 p.m. PT | at UNLV |The Mtn. | KOGO AM 600, 95.7 FM
Ryan Lindley, Sr., QB
* Senior quarterback Ryan Lindley broke the SDSU record for most career starts by a quarterback of 45 held by Todd Santos (1984-87) ... He threw a touchdown pass for the 19th time in the last 20 games... He posted his first 300-yard passing game of 2011 and his 13th of his career... He finished with 350 yards passing
Adam Muema, Fr., RB
* Earned his first career start ... Scored a touchdown on a 81-yard run in the first quarter after having just 82 career rushing yards coming into the game ... He's the fourth different Aztec to record a rushing touchdown this season ... Finished the game with 119 yards on 13 carries ... He's the 72nd SDSU player to ever break 100 rushing yards in a game ... Scored twice to become the third Aztec (Ronnie Hillman, Walter Kazee) with at least two rushing scores in a game this season.
Gavin Escobar, So. TE
*Had a career-high eight receptions and a career-high 113 yards ... He tied his career high with two touchdowns ... He now has seven touchdowns this season and 11 for his career... He recorded his first-career 100-yard receiving game... He finished with 113 yards receiving.
Larry Parker, Sr., DB
* Recorded his sixth interception of the season, the most by an Aztec since Ricky Parker had six in 1995 ... The six interceptions are tied for the fifth-most in the SDSU season record books ... He also had a tackle for a loss, a pass break-up and five tackles.
Colin Lockett, So., WR
* Had a 53-yard catch in the second quarter, his third reception this season of at least 50 yards ... Logged his second career 100-yard receiving game... He finished with a career-high 149 yards receiving.
Jerome Long, Sr., DL
* Logged his third-career 10-tackle game... He finished with a team-high 10 tackles and added a tackle for a loss of two yards.
Ronnie Hillman, So., RB
* Did not start for the first time this season ... Carried just three times for eight yards ... Failed to rush for 100 yards for just the third time in 10 games this season.
* Tonight's attendance of 52,256 was the most to witness an Aztec game in November since Nov. 16, 1991, when 56,737 saw SDSU and Brigham Young play.
* SDSU received the opening kickoff for the ninth time in 10 games this year.
* Senior Demetrius Barksdale recorded his third sack of the season and fifth of his career ... He also recovered his second fumble of the season and fourth of his career.
* Senior Miles Burris logged at least a half tackle for loss for the 16th time in the last 17 outings
* Redshirt freshman Dontrell Onuoha earned his first career start at defensive line tonight in his seventh career game.
* Sophomore fullback Chad Young caught a career-long 13-yard pass.
* Sophomore defensive back Rene Siluano forced his first career fumble.
* Sophomore defensive back Eric Pinkins recorded his first career tackle for a loss.
* The Aztec defense has allowed opposing offenses to score no more than one touchdown in the second half of all 10 contests in 2011 ... Air Force and TCU and Boise State scored only 10 points, the most SDSU allowed in the second half of a game this season (1 TD, 1 FG each) ... Of the 251 points allowed this year by the defense, only 65 have been scored after the break (also 7 vs. Cal Poly, 6 at Army, 7 vs. Washington State, 7 at Michigan, 10 vs. TCU, 10 at Air Force, 0 vs. Wyoming, 0 vs. New Mexico, 8 at CSU, 10 vs. Boise State).
* With one interception tonight, SDSU now has 12 this season, the most by the Aztecs since it had 16 in 2006.
* SDSU converted a two-point conversion for the second straight game.
* San Diego State had two 100-yard receivers tonight. The last time it accomplished the feat was last year vs. Utah (Nov. 20, 2010).