SDSU Football-La.-Lafayette Postgame Notes
Dec. 17, 2011
Final Score: Louisiana-Lafayette 32, San Diego State 30
* The Aztecs dropped to 0-1 all-time against Louisiana-Lafayette and 7-2 vs. members of the Sun Belt Conference.
* The two-point loss was SDSU's smallest margin of defeat this season.
* San Diego State overcame at least a 16-point deficit to take the lead for the 14th time in the program's division I era ... This is the first time in SDSU's 499 Division I games that it has overcome a double-figure deficit in three consecutive outings.
* For the second consecutive outing, SDSU converted a third and 19, tying as its longest third-down conversion of the season.
* With one interception tonight, SDSU ended with 15 this season, the most by the Aztecs since they had 16 in 2006 ... San Diego State had at least one pick in each of its last six contests and in 10 of 13 games this season (10 of last 11 outings overall).
* SDSU's goal-line stand toward the end of the second quarter is the first time this season that the Aztec defense has not given up any points when an opponent was within its 10-yard line.
* The Aztecs scored a touchdown on their opening drive of the second half for the fourth time in their last seven outings and the second consecutive contest.
* SDSU posted its second 99-yard scoring drive of the season in the third quarter (also vs. Wyoming).
* For the first time in its 13 games this season, the SDSU defense allowed more than 10 points in the second half ... It was also the first time the Aztecs gave up more than one touchdown ... Only three teams scored more than a touchdown prior to tonight with AFA, TCU and Boise State each notching 10 points (1 TD, 1 FG) ... SDSU held teams scoreless after the break on three occasions.
* SDSU did not have a turnover in a game for the fourth time this season and the second consecutive outing (also vs. Fresno State, Army and Cal Poly).
* The Aztecs held a team to less than 100 yards on the ground for the second consecutive game and the fourth time this season.
Colin Lockett, So., WR
Ronnie Hillman, So., RB
Miles Burris, Sr., LB
Brian Stahovich, Sr., P
Dylan Denso, So., WR
Nat Berhe, So., DB
* SDSU scored on its opening drive of a game for the first time since the Wyoming contest (5th time this season overall).
* Sophomore linebacker Nick Tenhaeff tallied his first career blocked kick on UL's extra-point attempt in the first quarter ... It is the Aztecs' first blocked extra point attempt since Leon McFadden had one in 2009 vs. Southern Utah.
* True freshman Adam Roberts logged his career catch in the second quarter. He is the 13th different Aztec to catch a pass this season.
* Aztec redshirt senior Dey Juan Hemmings posted his first interception of the season and second of his career ... He previously had a pick during the 2009 campaign vs. New Mexico State.
* Senior wideout Marcus Russell had a career game high for catches against UL, beating his previous best of two receptions at Colorado State.