Dec. 20, 2012
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2 |
Photo Gallery 3
SDSU-Brigham Young Postgame Notes
San Diego State: 9-4
Brigham Young: 8-5
* The Aztecs have received the ball first in all 13 games this season and 15 straight overall. The 15 consecutive games starting with the ball is the longest streak in the nation (East Carolina is second with 10 heading into its R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl game against Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday).
* SDSU held its opponent without a first down on the opening drive for the second straight game. Over its final two games (at Wyoming and vs. Brigham Young), San Diego State allowed at total of two yards on its opponents' opening possession.
* The Aztecs held an opponent without a point in the first quarter for the first time since Oct. 6 vs. Hawai'i (six games in between).
* SDSU held the Cougars to three points in the first half, the third time this season San Diego State has allowed three or less points in the first half (also vs. Army and vs. Air Force).
* The Aztecs held their opponent without points on their opening drive of the second half for the fifth straight game and 11th time overall.
* SDSU had three interceptions in a game for the first time since Southern Utah on Sept. 12, 2009.
* The Cougars came into the game leading the country in red zone defense (61.54 percent success rate). SDSU went 2-for-2 tonight in the red zone (2 FGs).
* BYU came into the game ranked second in the country in rushing defense (84.25 yards per game). San Diego State had 85 alone in the first half and 119 for the game.
* SDSU had its streak of scoring at least one touchdown snapped at 76 consecutive games.
* San Diego State had its streak of scoring at least one rushing touchdown snapped at 20 consecutive games (dating back to the Oct. 8, 2011 contest vs. TCU).
* SDSU dropped to 6-2 this season when leading after the first quarter and 11-3 in the Rocky Long era.
* San Diego State suffered its first defeat this season (6-1) when leading at the half and is now 8-1 in the Rocky Long era.
* The Aztecs slipped to 8-2 this season when leading after three quarters and 15-2 in the Rocky Long era.
* The Aztecs are now 6-12-1 against the Cougars at home.
* Adam Muema, So., RB (26 att., 111 yds. | 1 rec., 34 yds.)
* Broke 100 yards rushing for the seventh time this season (T-5th at SDSU) and eighth time of his career (T-9th at SDSU).
* Had a career-long 34-yard catch.
* King Holder, So., DB (1 int., 1 sack)
* Picked up his first career interception.
* Also added his first career sack.
* Chance Marden, Sr., K (2-for-2 FGs)
* Made two field goal attempts to improve to 10-for-14 on the season, including makes in 10 of his final 11 attempts.
* Nik Embernate started for the 46th time of his career, the most of any current Aztec.
* Alec Johnson and Leon McFadden each started for the 39th consecutive game (longest streak on the team).
* Chase Price had his first career catch.
* McFadden became the school's all-time leader in pass breakups with 38.
* Eric Pinkins had his third interception of the season (tied for first on the team with McFadden) and career, while Rene Siluano had his first of the season and second of his career.
* Brice Butler caught a pass for the 11th consecutive game.