M. Soccer Welcomes No. 23 Washington, Oregon State
Oct. 24, 2017
San Diego State (5-9-0, 0-5-0 Pac-12) vs. #23 Washington (10-5-1, 3-3-1 Pac-12)
Thursday, Oct. 26 | 7:00 p.m. | SDSU Sports Deck | San Diego, Calif.
Live Video and Stats at GoAztecs.com
San Diego State (5-9-0, 0-5-0 Pac-12) vs. Oregon State (5-10-0, 2-5-0 Pac-12)
Sunday, Oct. 29 | 12:00 p.m. | SDSU Sports Deck | San Diego, Calif.
Live Video and Stats at GoAztecs.com
- San Diego State continues Pac-12 action this Thursday against Washington before finishing the weekend against Oregon State. Both games will be at the SDSU Sports Deck and streamed live on GoAztecs.com.
- The Aztecs snapped a five-game losing streak in an impressive showing Saturday night, using a shutout from the backline and goalkeeper Adam Allmaras while Jeroen Meefout tallied a pair of goals in the 3-0 win over Santa Clara.
- Meefout, now with six goals and three assists on the season, is second in the Pac-12 in goals, and fourth in the league with 15 points. The Netherlands national is also tied for the most goals in a season by an Aztec since 2014. The Aztecs are also 4-2 in games which Meefout records a point.
- Ilai Shvika has a goal and a pair of assists in his last two games. After scoring a highlight-reel goal against UCLA on Oct. 15, six days later,
- Adam Allmaras posted his third shutout of the season in last Saturday’s win. The local product made three saves on eight Santa Clara shots, bringing his season save total to 41, good for the third most by goalkeepers in the Pac-12.
- Kyle Adams manned the backline in SDSU’s win over Santa
- The win in SDSU’s last non-conference game of the season left the Aztecs with a three-game winning streak in non-conference play and dating back to the start of the 2014 season, SDSU owns a 22-9-5 record against opponents outside of the Pac-12.
- SDSU is in search of its first conference win of the season, however, most recently in Pac-12 play battled UCLA into overtime. Ilai Shvika’s goal against the Bruins came on a long-distance attempt and went in with just one second remaining in regulation before the Bruins ultimately capitalized on an extra-time opportunity five minutes into the first overtime period.
- The loss for SDSU at UCLA snapped a five-match unbeaten streak when having a week or more of rest.
- The Aztecs are in the midst of its 50th anniversary season, and the team has accumulated a 472-335-110 record over the last half-century. After starting the program in 1968, SDSU reached the NCAA Tournament for the first time just one year later in 1969. SDSU has also reached the postseason in 1969, 1981, 1982, 1987, 1988, 1989, 2005, 2006, and 2016, and reached the NCAA national championship in 1987.
- The Aztecs had a successful weekend in the Lone Star State from Sept. 22-24, topping UT Rio Grande Valley, 2-0, and Incarnate Word, 1-0. With the pair of wins, SDSU extended its winning streak against Texas-based teams to an impressive seven games.
- With Stanford’s first goal on Sept. 28, the Cardinal snapped a season-long opponent scoreless streak of 274:34 for the Aztecs. The Aztecs had gone 12 days (or approximately 288 hours, 17,284 minutes, or 1,037,040 seconds) without allowing the opposition to score, dating back from a Sept. 16 contest against Cal Poly to Sept. 28 the matchup against Stanford. Defender Kyle Adams and goalkeeper Adam Allmaras both played every minute of the scoreless streak.
- SDSU had a pair of impressive streaks come to an end in early September, as USF’s come-from-behind win snapped a 17-game unbeaten streak (14-0-3) when scoring first for the Aztecs. Utah Valley then followed that on Sunday, defeating SDSU 1-0 and snapping the Aztecs eight-match winning streak when playing on Sundays. Both streaks dated back to the 2015 season.
- SDSU defeated UC Santa Barbara in the team’s home opener on Sept. 4. It was the first two-goal win over perennial power UCSB since the Aztecs took down a No. 6-ranked Gauchos team 4-2 on Sept. 25, 2009. With the win, SDSU continues an impressive run, having won seven of its last eight home openers dating back to 2010.
- The Aztecs reached the NCAA Tournament for the ninth time in program history last season. SDSU returned six starters and 13
- Ranked No. 23 in the nation in the latest United Soccer Coaches poll, the Huskies are most recently coming off a 3-0 win against Cal last Sunday. Washington posted a season-best six-game winning streak from Sept. 14 - Oct. 5, but since that point, have gone just 1-3-1 in the team’s last five games. The Huskies are 2-2-1 in road games this season.
- Handwalla Bwana leads the team with six goals and five assists for 17 points. Blake Bodily leads Washington with seven assists, while goalkeeper Bryce Logan has played in each of UW’s last two games, including posting a clean sheet against Cal. Over 108:41 of action, Logan hasn’t allowed a goal and has recorded four saves.
- Since defeating SDSU 2-0 on Oct. 8, Oregon State has gone just 1-3 since then and owns a 5-10-0 record heading into a Thursday night contest against UCLA. Oregon State is looking for its first road win of the season, owning an away record of 0-5-0.
- Jordan Jones and Hassani Dotson lead the Beavers with three goals each. Oregon State has utilized eight different goal scorers this season.
- Gage Rogers has started the team’s last four games in net, having allowed six goals in 366:26 of action. On the year, Rogers owns a 2-4-0 record with