WBB Heads to the Rockies for Omni Hotels Classic
Nov. 21, 2012
SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego State women's basketball team returns to the court this weekend when it competes in the 26th Annual Omni Hotels Classic at Coors Event Center in Boulder, Colo.
- The Aztecs will square off against Auburn in their opener on Friday, beginning at 5 p.m. MT (4 p.m. PT), followed by a clash between host Colorado and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
- Pending the outcome of Friday's games, SDSU will battle either Colorado or Texas A&M-Corpus Christi in the consolation or championship game on Saturday.
- The Aztecs are 3-3 against current members of the Southeastern Conference.
- Friday's clash will mark the first time SDSU has played at Coors Event Center since Nov. 26, 1994, when the Scarlet and Black dropped a 70-51 decision to Colorado at the same Thanksgiving tournament.
- Beth Burns is in the midst of the 21st season of her head coaching career and 16th overall at the helm of the Aztecs. Burns is in her eighth season of her second stint on The Mesa.
- SDSU is still receiving votes in the AP top 25 poll, tying for the 42nd spot along with Gonzaga.
- San Diego State has been picked to repeat as Mountain West champions in 2012-13. The Aztecs received 22 of 24 first-place votes and earned 198 points to claim the top spot in the preseason poll.
- SDSU is coming off a 66-30 home victory over Cal State Dominguez Hills on Nov. 18 as senior guard Courtney Clements scored 25 points on 10-of-16 shooting.