March 5, 2018
Final Stats | Final PDF Stats
SAN DIEGO -- Offensive fireworks were once again on display as San Diego State won its second in a row with an impressive 22-2 victory over visiting Presbyterian Monday afternoon at Aztec Lacrosse Field.
For the second straight outing, SDSU (4-2) received goals from 12 different players to remain unbeaten in three home games this season.
Grace McGinty scored all of her career-high four goals in the first half, propelling the Aztecs to a commanding 14-1 lead by intermission. In addition, the Scarlet and Black received hat tricks from Kirstie Greenlaw, Jill Haight and Lexi Tan, while Morgan Taylor finished with two strikes on the day.
In addition to her goal production, Haight turned in another all-round performance with four ground balls, four draw controls and two caused turnovers, while Taylor Sullivan (1 goal) caused three turnovers of her own.
SDSU managed to enlist all three of its goalkeepers, with Katy Sharretts playing the first 17:30 of the game before giving way to Amanda Stapp and Ella Pejakovich, respectively.
Leading 14-1 at halftime, the Aztecs kept things rolling in the second period, scoring six straight goals, including two each by Haight and Tan over a stretch of 17:25.
SDSU disrupted the Blue Hose's (1-5) transition game, limiting the visitors to just a 4-for-14 clip on clearing attempts.
STAT OF THE GAME I
- SDSU outshot Presbyterian 39-9, including a 25-1 spread in the first half. The Aztecs also maintained a whopping 33-4 advantage in shots on goal.
STAT OF THE GAME II
- The Aztecs handed out a season-high eight assists. Elizabeth Rourke, Kay Kay Greskovich and Paige Hudak finished with two helpers each.
- SDSU's 22 goals matched a single-game school record. The Aztecs also reached that figure in a 22-6 triumph over LIU Brooklyn on March 12, 2014.
- The Aztecs' 20-goal margin of victory also tied a program standard after the Scarlet and Black pinned a 21-1 on the same LIU Brooklyn squad on March 10, 2013.
- With the victory, SDSU has scored 41 goals in its last two outings, marking the highest scoring two-game stretch in team history.
- The Aztecs move to 4-0 on the year when leading at halftime and remain unbeaten at 3-0 when scoring first.
"This was another exceptional team effort," said SDSU head coach Kylee White. "We had a lot of players deliver some quality minutes and that will certainly pay dividends as we enter the meat of our schedule. We still have some things to work on, but overall I was very encouraged by our play on both ends of the field. I see our improvement every day."
San Diego State will have little time to revel in its victory as Niagara pays a visit to Aztec Lacrosse Field on Tuesday, March 6, for a 7 p.m. PT showdown. The Purple Eagles (3-1) dropped a wild 23-15 decision at Marquette in their last outing on Saturday, March 3.