Aztecs Close Regular Season at Home vs. UCSD on Monday
April 23, 2010
SAN DIEGO -
MATCH WEEK RESET
AZTEC STORY LINES
- SDSU has won two straight and its 5-1 record in its last six outings is the school's best stretch since losing to USC and winning the next five matches in 2009 (Feb. 24-March 24).
- Despite residing in the same county, San Diego State and UC San Diego will meet for just the fourth time in school history. The Aztecs are 3-0 all-time vs. the Tritons and have not played them since a 9-0 victory back on April 22, 1998.
- A win would give the Aztecs a three-match winning streak, which would equal their season long. SDSU won three in a row earlier this month when it defeated No. 73 TCU, New Mexico and Colorado State.
- Julia Trunk, ranked 55th in the latest ITA singles poll released Tuesday, enters the match on a bit of a roll after posting a 7-1 record, including a 4-0 mark in singles, last week. Her 7-1 effort was the Mountain West's best despite not winning the league's player of the week award. The junior breezed through her first three singles matches vs. Colorado State, Wyoming and Air Force, before being extended to a third set vs. San Diego. In doubles, Trunk and freshman Julia Wais went 3-1 at the second position. The weekly award is her second of her career.
- In a season of ups and downs, San Diego State has managed to play consistent tennis at home. SDSU has won two straight and six of its last seven at Aztec Tennis Center. For the year, the Scarlet and Black is 9-3 at home and 3-0 in neutral-site matches, but 0-7 on the road.